There is a basket in our front hall to collect shelf stable food.
Each month we drop off everything we've gathered (We recently dropped off 350 pounds of food in just one month!)
Help us Help others!
A list of useful items includes-
· Bottled water
· Peanut butter & Jelly
· Canned fruits
· Low sodium: Vegetables, soups, stews, chili,
tuna fish, chicken, etc.
· Canned beans, dry beans, lentils
· Nutritious snacks
· Shelf stable milk (canned or boxes)
· Brown rice
· Spaghetti sauce, instant potatoes, pasta
· canned tuna & chicken
· Coffee, tea, juices
· Condiments like ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise
syrup, salt, pepper, salad dressings
· Spices like garlic powder, lemon pepper, basil, oregano, etc.
· Sugar, flour, cake mix, icing
· Macaroni and cheese, mashed potato mixes, rice mixes, etc.
· Cooking oil (vegetable)
· Individual portions of applesauce, pudding, snacks, juices, etc.
· Gluten free foods
· Foods for diabetics
Heartstrings, The Center in Asbury Park, CROP Hunger Walk, Samaritan's Purse's Operation Christmas Child, 180 Turning Lives Around, ASLAN Youth Ministries and more
If you would like to donate money to help these efforts, you can find links to each organization on our Contact Us page. Or you can click below to contribute to us here at Luther Memorial.